Playing ACES CHESS is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit company. EIN: 45-1623244
- IRS.gov – Exempt Organization Checker
- Virginia Office of Charitable and Regulatory Programs
- GuideStar Profile
- Assure that more than just the game is played that the is related to life and what it can team if you pay attention.
- All public, private, alternative and home schools organizations have active and engaged school-based chess clubs open to all K-12 students as defined in the mission statement.
- With just 7%-12% of world’s chess players as female, work to increase the number of girls introduced to chess and support those interested in becoming elite chess players.
- Achieve a weekly engagement of at 5% with a goal of 10% of the K-12 grade level students in the county learning and playing chess.
- At some future date, be prepared to host the K-12 Chess Championships (USA National or World) in Central Virginia. (Economic impact could be very interesting.)
- Every 5 years be host to the Virginia K-12 Scholastic Chess Championship.
See how Chess has changed someone’s life.
Estimate growth rate by 2012 – 1.1%. This about half of the growth rate for Virginia as a whole.
In terms of the K-12 (aka >5 yo <18 yo age range) population in 2010, this group was approximately 9.6% of the total population. In general, the city in 2010 had a 52.3% female population.
Estimate growth rate by 2012 – 3.3%. This about half of the growth rate for Virginia as a whole.
In terms of the K-12 (aka >5 yo <18 yo age range) population in 2010, this group was approximately 15.6% of the total population. In general, the county in 2010 had a 52.1% female population.
Chess Advocacy for All Students
Parents and educators can play a major advocacy role for a greater K-12 chess presence in all our area schools that will support S.T.E.M. education for all our students, especially those in our area considered under-served or disadvantaged.
Playing ACES CHESS is also working with:
- Tthe Boys and Girls Club and the Jefferson-Madison Central Library to develop an ongoing chess program at these venues.
- Scouts desiring to earn achievements regarding chess: Cub Scouts (Chess Belt Loop/Academic Pin); Boy Scouts (Chess Merit Badge) and Venture Scouts (Hobbies Award).